A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Lemon Verbena Tea Recipe
This Tea can be made in less than 5 minutes and it’s such a refreshing beverage! Lemon Verbena Tea. I love lemons! and Writing this makes me want to make this tea so bad right now lol, I am sure you’re thinking the same 🙂 So keep reading the post to find out how to make this Lemon Verbena Tea and you will even see a link to more great teas to try soon, and even a yummy snack to make with this tea.
Lemon Verbena Tea. (Hot)
Makes 1 serving
- a cup of water
- 3 fresh tisane leaves (you can find it on amazon)
- a teabag (or loose) lemon verbena leaves
- 2 fresh basil leaves
1. Bring water to a boil and turn off the heat.
2. Steep this, lemon verbena, and basil leaves in hot water for 3-5 minutes.
3. Filter leaves. Enjoy!
So easy right? (I will say it’s a bit of an acquired taste if you’re not familiar with this.)
OK, I do love teas that are hot but. I think those who like cold (or iced) teas would want to try this tea the way they like their teas. So here is another recipe but, it’s iced. Enjoy.
Lemon Verbena Iced Tea
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup lemon verbena leaves
- 4 cups ice
- 6 cups brewed tea, chilled
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Step 1: Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Cool sugar syrup completely.
- Step 2: Cook lemon verbena leaves in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain.
- Step 3: Combine sugar syrup and verbena leaves in a blender; process until smooth. Cover and chill overnight. Strain sugar syrup through a fine sieve into a bowl. Place 2/3 cup of ice into each of 6 tall glasses; add 1 cup brewed tea and 2 tablespoons sugar syrup to each serving, stirring to combine. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon wedges, if desired.
Time for a quick Tea tip!
To make this Iced tea stay fresh longer, I would recommend you to place all the tea if you have leftovers, in your fridge and it will stay fresh for about 2 weeks or longer.
However, if you drink it all up. You can just make more when you want, you have the recipe (Your welcome)
Wow! That was a lot to read uh? Well, I don’t stop there, I have another thing you could make with your tea either hot or iced. Here is a recipe that I really love to make. I made this recipe into bread instead of muffins like it says to do, either way, this recipe is very yummy to make. My mom has this recipe on her site called BestBakingtips.com click here to go right to the recipe.
And if you liked or loved this Tea recipe, Click here to find another tea recipe that would be yummy to enjoy when you’re wanting some kind of tea either in the morning, afternoon tea time, or just during bedtime to wind down before bed. I have what you need all on this site. Did you like Lemon Verbena Tea? Let me know on Facebook at TeaJubilee and Tell your friends and family about this site as well.
And one more thing. Please feel free to give me your feedback as well about this and other posts on my site, I love, love to hear about what you think of my site. I Look forward to hearing from you all, Not just about Lemon Verbena Tea but any tea you see on my site.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and many others from me.
Much Love and wishing you the best in your health.