A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Thai Iced Tea Recipe
Don’t just make any Thai Iced Tea Recipe, make the absolute best one. This delicious and decadent drink tastes even better than the ones you’ve had at Thai restaurants, Ok I have Tried Thai Tea but it was always hot, not Iced. Let me know in the comments below how you made it and if it was good (Which I am sure it was)
This Tea is packed with so many great flavors for you to enjoy, All though this Recipe Calls for Sweet condensed milk, I would first try something like Soy milk or even regular milk and just see if it tastes better than the added
THAI ICED TEA Recipe
- Thai iced tea is a drink that’s deliciously sweet and refreshing.
- Surprisingly easy to make at home.
- The base of a Thai iced tea is tea, spices, and (surprise, surprise!) food coloring.
- Thai tea comes out a dark red color when brewed but the addition of milk turns it into bright orange.
- Thai iced tea is sweet, contains dairy,
- There’s caffeine in Thai iced tea.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST THAI ICED TEA RECIPE
- Lots of sugar
There’s a ton of it in a Thai iced tea. And if you try to cut down on it, it definitely might taste wired.
- Evaporated milk
I’ve tried swapping out the evaporated milk with other kinds of milk but it didn’t have the same restaurant-quality taste. Don’t swap this out for another dairy thinking it’ll taste as good — it won’t.
- Thai tea mix
It’s the legit way to get that authentic orange color and taste.
THAI ICED TEA RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- Thai tea mix
- Black tea
Any strong, black tea will work including Assam tea and English breakfast tea.
- Tap water
- Dark brown sugar
You can use regular white sugar or stevia.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Evaporated milk
HOW TO MAKE THAI ICED TEA AT HOME
- Make tea
- Make cream froth
- Assemble drink
Make the Tea first.
Tea Tip: Tea tastes better when it’s made with the best water. Use Tap water if you can.
Combine Thai tea mix, black tea, sugar, and hot water in a teapot and steep. Strain tea solids and let cool.
NOTE: The food coloring from the Thai tea mix stains LIKE CRAZY. If you spill even a drop, make sure you wipe it up quickly.
2. MAKE CREAM FROTH
Combine sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk and freeze.
Use a handheld milk frother to whisk until the slightly frozen sweetened milk nearly doubles in volume.
3. ASSEMBLE DRINK
Pour cooled down tea into two cups filled with ice. Leave some room at the top for the froth that you can make with a handheld mixer or buy a frother from your store nearby, There are a lot of stores like (Walmart, Target, and even Amazon would have it online)
Top the drinks with the light and airy whipped milky froth.
use a 17 oz. a cup which is a little bigger than a Starbucks grande (16 oz.).
Stir before drinking because that will mix all the ingredients together so you can enjoy it more than just taking the first sip. I would stir it probably like two times just so I know it’s mixed really well.
THAI ICED TEA TIPS
- To give this Thai iced tea a stronger tea flavor, I added some black tea to the Thai iced tea mix. 🙂
- Thai tea can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to drink, just add in the condensed milk and evaporated milk.
- To make the drink truly authentic, use crushed ice instead of ice cubes.
How big is a serving for this drink?
Each serving goes into a 17 oz. cup, which is a little bigger than a Starbucks grande (16 oz). but I don’t think you’ll mind that 🙂
Now on to the best Thai Iced Tea Recipe
Thai Iced Tea Recipe.
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups ice
- 2 tablespoons Thai tea mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black tea
Cream Froth Topping
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
MAKE THAI TEA
- Boil water. Bring water to a boil on the stovetop. If using an electric kettle with a temperature setting, set the water temperature to 208°F. Use filtered water if possible.
- Combine Thai tea mix, black tea, sugar, and hot water in a teapot.
- Cover teapot and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain tea solids and let the tea cool.30 minutes should be enough time for the tea to cool.
MAKE CREAM FROTH TOPPING
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk and freeze for 20 minutes. The milk mixture is ready when you see a crystallized layer forming around the sides.
- Whip sweetened milk mixture. Use a handheld milk frother to whisk until the slightly frozen sweetened milk nearly doubles in volume. It should look nice and fluffy.
- Divide each component into two cups. Fill cups with ice, pour in cooled down tea, and top with milk froth. Stir before drinking.
- Do not replace evaporated milk with cream or half & half for a more authentic taste.
And there you have it! The perfect tea for whenever you want something very good to enjoy! and if you looking for something to have with this I have just the site for you to check it out.
I hope you stop by next time for more Health benefits on different teas and more great recipes to try out! Let me know if it was worth making! For more Hot teas plus other tea recipes, stop here! 🙂
You never know what else I might post!